Saturday, September 11, 2004

A word about "A Word of Praise"

Every Sunday I get up relatively early and take part in a church worship service. Of the three churches that I have attended regularly, all of them have opened their services with a time of praise - meaning a time of music and singing. I think that this is wonderful, and appreciate it thoroughly, but I also find it a bit limiting.

I love writing, stringing together words into poignant - and hopefully original - thoughts. So singing other peoples' thoughts every Sunday morning is not my ideal form of praise. And unfortunately, I find that most people limit their concepts of praise and worship to exactly this - singing whichever songs their local worship team has chosen for that particular month.

Thus, A Word of Praise. I find that I praise God best in writing. And, in hopes that some might benefit and God might be glorified, I decided to share this writing in a blog (though I still don't like that word).

The idea is that I will write something new every day. Every day I will put my fingers to the keys to praise and glorify our Heavenly Father, and if you find that you can praise him along with me, then by all means, visit this site as much as possible.

No comments: