Thursday, September 23, 2004

A Thrilling God

God, you are exciting.

Your Spirit careens into unknown jungles and deadly ghettos, pulling your servants in His wake, assaulting the assumptions of men and women that explorers and politicians cower to meet. In acts of heroism, undocumented by those cameras who call it foolishness, You lead students and retirees upon battlegrounds in which the great polar forces of the universe clash in catastrophic subtlety.

You unleash barrages with weapons unique to Your almighty arsenal. You lead Your troops with wisdom and strategy unparalleled by the aggregate generals of the world. You call upon Your people to hold and press on when supplies have dwindled to naught - and then You burst upon the scene with fresh rations; giving strength, vitality and hope to all who trusted in You.

I praise You, Lord, for calling us to the excitement of Your cause for the glory of Your name. I ask that you will call me into battle, that you will integrate me into those omniscient plans, that I can see the Mightiest of warriors, the Wisest of commanders, and the Noblest of beings at work in this world and in my life.

No comments: