Tuesday, October 04, 2005

An Unlikely Calling

There was a time when I thought I was too good for missionary work - that God had bigger, better plans for me. I was to ascend to the 'high places' in this world, leaving the lower places to lower people.

Now I know that I am not good enough for missionary work. But God has brought me here, to this point of departure, and He has said 'Go.' I will go humbly, haltingly into His work, looking always to Him for guidance like a nervous child to his father.

I sit confused that God would use even me for His work. But grateful. I praise Him that He can use such as my selfish heart to call the hearts of those He has chosen.

God, the glory is yours. All of it. I am weak and distracted and ungrateful. I can do nothing, but Your Spirit can do so much through me. I give you myself tonight. All that I can. Use me well, keep me humble, be God.

No comments: